Revenue and Contract Analyst
- Location: Cambridge, MA, United States
- Posted: Mar 10
REVENUE AND CONTRACT ANALYST
Luminoso sits at the intersection between cutting-edge science and newly emerging business needs like the ability to analyze chatbot transcripts. At Luminoso, you have a front seat to this transformation - and can contribute to it yourself. If rapid change and innovation excites and motivates you, you’ve come to the right place.
As Revenue and Contract Analyst you will assist with budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting. More specifically, you will work with customers, partners, and our internal finance team on revenue recognition and operational and financial details in regards to contracts with our clients. We’re seeking a motivated and detail-oriented person who is comfortable working as an individual contributor while able to collaborate with folks within the entire organization.
- Analyze and report on the company’s financial and operating results
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting presentations for the executive team and board of directors
- Provide financial models and forecasting
- Develop and refine detailed analysis to support and validate financial models for P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow forecasting
- Calculate budget vs actual results
- Monitor the performance of the business and work closely with the executive team to measure KPIs and metrics.
- Calculate monthly sales commission plans
- Work with accounting counterparts to help resolve inquiries into financial matters such as billing, time entry, revenue recognition, etc.
- Review contracts for each project sold by Partners in which incumbent will manage.
- Understand the contractual language to ensure we are following proper criteria (such as written acceptance) on each case.
- Work with Partners on a monthly basis to understand completion status and recognize/adjust revenue appropriately.
- Ensure client invoices are being sent in accordance with the contract or based on instructions from the Partner.
- Work with external clients on outstanding payments or additional back up needs in order for payment to be processed, such as expense receipts or billing and receipt history.
- Set up new projects as they are sold.
- Once a code is created, incumbent will need to request a signed contract or persuasive evidence to ensure an agreement with the client exists.
- Prior to receiving a signed contract, incumbent must manage the monthly forecast by alerting upper management to the potential risks of pushing out revenue due to lack of PE.
- Assist in running monthly reports to be distributed to case managers.
- Will be required to understand the reports so incumbent can answer questions that will come up about case profitability, billing rates, contractual office, and other case economics.
- Assist the Revenue Manager in any additional projects that might arise; such as internal/external audit.
● Revenue Forecasting- focus on tasks that will help prepare the monthly revenue forecast
o Create, develop and refine revenue schedules supporting the forecast
o Prepare schedules and analysis that help improve the linkage between Contract Value (CV) and revenue
● Revenue Analysis- provide revenue analysis and support regularly as requested
o Seek out better ways to analyze revenue trends and patterns to help improve the forecast process and methodology
● Revenue Forecasting Portal- support the implementation and operation of a new revenue forecasting tool
o Assist with implementation, testing and tweaking of the new tool
o Once launched, utilize the tool to provide ongoing support to sales, accounting and other teams throughout the company
● Revenue Budgeting- assist In the creation of the annual revenue budget
o Enter data into CV targets into financial ERP system and review for reasonableness
o Work directly with sales leaders to ensure budget requests are accurately reflected
- 2+ years of finance related experience with an emphasis on revenue or contract analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
Luminoso Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.