Director of SUD/OUD Marketing
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Jun 1
Director of SUD/OUD Marketing
at Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in FDA-authorized prescription digital therapeutics. The company’s approach is to integrate clinically-validated software applications with previously approved pharmaceuticals and treatment paradigms to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear’s lead product, reSET®, is an FDA-authorized 12-week prescription therapeutic for Substance Use Disorder to be used as an adjunct to standard, outpatient treatment. Pear’s product development pipeline includes reSET-O™ for opioid use disorder and additional prescription digital therapeutics in schizophrenia (THRIVE™), combat posttraumatic stress disorder (reCALL™), general anxiety disorder (reVIVE™), pain, major depressive disorder, and insomnia. For more details, please see www.peartherapeutics.com.
The role of the Director, SUD/OUD Marketing will manage the execution of the commercialization plans for reSET and reSET-O ensuring alignment of the brand strategy with Sandoz.
This position will report to the VP of Marketing and will have aspects of strategic brand decisions, product improvement input, and commercial alliance management.
The Director of SUD Marketing will partner with key stakeholders to identify the annual brand strategy with key stakeholders both within Pear as well as with Sandoz. They will ensure the successful launch of reSET and reSET O, and where appropriate provide soft influence on the brand strategy as well as help identify key tactics to ensure commercial success.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Co-leads (with Sandoz) the brand strategy for reSET and reSET-O ensuring proper alignment with key stakeholders.
- Identifies the need for market, reSET and reSET-O insight generation and partners with the Market & Customer Insight Lead to execute and draw conclusions that drive brand strategy.
- Provide subject matter expertise to Sandoz on SUD, reSET and reSET to ensure a successful launch and on-going market adoption.
- Co-identifies with Sandoz KPIs that measure the effectiveness of brand strategies. Makes recommendations for changes.
- As needed, develop ad/promo for all products (reSET and reSET-O in gap time before Sandoz scales)
- Monitors trends, including competitive surveillance that may affect or enhance reSET and reSET-O.
- Contributes to the PR plan for reSET & reSET-O
- Provide commercial input for product enhancements and life cycle management that optimize reSET and reSET-O
- Assists with ROI analysis and/or commercial justification for product enhancements and life cycle improvements
- Represent the commercial organization in the working team to implement enhancements for reSET and reSET-O
Supporting Marketing Efforts for the Patient Services Center (aka HUB)
- Identify and execute marketing strategies and tactics to support the awareness and utilization of the HUB.
- Manage the scope, sourcing, budget and vendor relationships related to reSET, reSET-O or the patients services center.
Competencies & Critical Job Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of marketing principles including strategy development (brand planning, positioning, messaging), tactical execution, KPI development.
- Strong project management skills, focused on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superb collaboration skills and ability to influence without authority
- Strategic and analytical mindset to understand market and product trends and impact on the brand
- Superb problem solving/framing abilities.
- Create simplicity from complexity, expert narrative development/storytelling
- Managerial courage, ability to challenge and persuade.
- Driven, highly self-motivated, confident, high-energy, bright and creative individual with desire and ability to own a high-profile part of the business.
- 7-10 years branded marketing experience within a pharmaceutical/device company
- Experience managing launch brands.
- Experience working in external collaborations or alliances
- Experience or strong aptitude in technology and digital space
- Ability to travel (approximately 20% within the US).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pear Therapeutics in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pear Therapeutics to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pear Therapeutics and the specific job and/or work site. Pear Therapeutics may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship disclosure, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pear Therapeutics support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pear Therapeutics.