Application System Specialist
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Jun 7
Application System Specialist
Design, develop, test and maintain solutions for enterprise application integration, using development standards and a formal software development life-cycle process. Duties include analysis, design, planning, programming, testing, documentation, error/exception handling, performance improvements and business process implementation and the creation or improvement of all related technical products, solutions and processes. Works directly with internal customers to assure system function, availability and reliability is maintained to meet all customer business needs. Provides a stable, functional environment by ensuring efficiency,
availability, connectivity, integrity and security of multiple Integration Systems. Maintains metrics and enhances tools to support system monitoring, incident resolution/escalation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develops and supports application integration, data analysis and report solutions to support business processes.
- Implements and manages platforms to support web delivered business applications.
- Manages work packages to ensure project deliverables are met through collaboration with Application Development, IT Infrastructure & Operations and other Firm teams.
- Ensure integration services and architectures are designed, tested, documented, implemented, enhanced and maintained according to the operations standards and expected service quality.
- Provides 2nd level proactive and reactive service and performance management for mission critical systems. Identifies requirements for real-time alerts to notify support groups of a current or potential performance problem.
- Responds to real-time performance alerts to resolve performance problems, performs regular on-going review and analysis of performance data to identify current performance problems and proactively detects potential future performance problems.
- Automates system administration tasks and scripting.
- Ensures daily support and a high level of service availability.
- Independently performs complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development and implementation.
- Supports of services and processes including appropriate issue escalation.
- Cross-trains co-workers on new designs.
- Use solid oral and written communication skills to communicate solution function and value.
- Bachelor's degree in data analytics, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or related field from an accredited university.
- Experience working with various EAI software packages
- Experience supporting complex software systems in a technical role
- Experience participating in SW development projects.
- Experience with software architecture, development, requirements analysis, process execution and selecting appropriate COTS/FOSS products for integration.
- Experience with integration software requirements management
- Experience working on multi-functional teams that include developers, UX, system engineers, testers, and outreach.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- Experience programming with languages such as Java, Scala, HTML, CSS, etc…
- Scripting experience (i.e., PowerShell, VBScript, etc.).
- Proficient in MS Office Package, including work processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. The ability to express oneself effectively within a group and in one-to-one conversations. The ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Strong ability to organize information, manage multiple tasks and use available tools to effectively contribute to a team and the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Goal-, detail-, and results-oriented; extremely organized; and motivated.
- Outside-the-box thinker - thrives on finding a better way!
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Professional services industry experience
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Experience with business process analysis and change management
- Possession of excellent team leadership, development, client relationship, consulting, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft General Dynamics NAV Financial System
- STAR Time & Billing
- Boomi (SF.com/STAR integration)
- Bamboo (HR)
- ZUDY Vinyl
- Action oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Nimble Learning
- Tech Savvy