- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Jun 12
Solution Engineering – Boston, Massachusetts
Solution Software Engineer
Cambridge Semantics is seeking Mid to Senior Software Solutions Engineers with 5+ years of experience to apply our Anzo software suite and our Big Data analytics platform to specific customer challenges. We're looking for smart self-starters with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who are interested in growing and deepening their knowledge in the Big Data space. Software Engineers who enjoy picking up new technologies, thrive on independence, and are motivated by the prospect of finding an excellent solution to tough problems can excel in our environment.
As a Software Solutions Engineer you will use your skills to:
- Quickly understand difficult technical and business challenges facing our customers and find unique and practical solutions.
- Work with customers (often Fortune 500 companies) in diverse and exciting industries such as the pharmaceutical, financial, and retail industries.
- Create solutions that tackle challenges in domains such as drug discovery and research, competitive intelligence, marketing/sales, and data governance.
- Use and extend the Anzo product suite to rapidly build customer solutions.
- You will work with state-of-the-art technologies for bringing data together, for extracting data from natural language, and creating new, dynamic ways to interact with large amounts of data.
- Manage implementation projects to ensure smooth communication with the customer and timely completion of project tasks.
- Participate in various parts of the business by collaborating with product management, development, and sales as required to improve and showcase the Anzo products.
- Computer Science or Mathematics degree with 3.4 GPA or more.
- Software development or coding experience.
- Professional services or customer interface experience.
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to analyze customers' business problems and apply technical solutions.
Any of the following experience is also desirable:
- Experience implementing software solutions in the field.
- Experience implementing business intelligence software packages such as QlikView, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, or Hyperion.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Semantic Web (RDF, SPARQL, OWL), BPM software, drools or other rules systems.
- Experience with Analytic tools such as R Studio and SAS.
This position is located in our Boston, MA office and will require some travel.
About Cambridge Semantics
Cambridge Semantics Inc. is an industry-leading semantic information management company. Semantic Web brings a revolutionary flexibility to data management within the enterprise and on the Web. These graph-based technologies are some of the most exciting technological innovations since the advent of the Internet. We are the leading provider of graph-based Smart Data discovery with exploratory analytic solutions. We are a high-energy, high-tech, Big Data company that is experiencing rapid growth with a team comprised of some of the world's leading experts in Semantic Web technology.
Our recent industry recognition includes, Cambridge Semantics Named SIIA CODiE Awards 2016 Finalist, Cambridge Semantics Named Bio_IT Best of Show Finalist, Cambridge Semantics Named SIIA Software CODiE Award Finalist for Best Integration Solution and Recognized in the August 2016 Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management Solutions report by Gartner, Inc.
If you are a motivated, career-oriented individual who is interested in being in on the early stage of a significant opportunity, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you.
We are T Accessible, Red, Green and Orange Lines.