Back to Jobs
Senior Mobile Engineer/Mobile Architect
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Jul 27
Senior Mobile Engineer/Mobile Architect
at Pear Therapeutics
About Pear Therapeutics
At Pear, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in Prescription Digital Therapeutics, or PDTs. Our cross-functional team operates at the intersection of biotechnology and software technology. Pear discovers, develops, and delivers clinically-validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Every day, we push the boundaries of technology to transform medicine. Pear has a pipeline
of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including mental health disorders, severe insomnia and multiple sclerosis. Our lead product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder, and was the first PDT to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear's second product candidate, reSET-O™ for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, is currently under review by the FDA with Breakthrough Designation. For more information, visit us at www.peartherapeutics.com
Come use your engineering talents to help people living with serious diseases, as we progress our pipeline across a range of therapeutic areas, including addiction, MS, schizophrenia and beyond.
Pear’s deep knowledge and experience in the biotech space has set us up with great partnerships and a strong product roadmap. Our engineers are platform-izing our architecture and building new mobile applications.
Our team of engineers, based in Boston and San Francisco, uses a pragmatic agile process to quickly deliver treatments to patients. We treat each other well, believe in building a diverse culture of collaboration, and are serious about making Pear a place that’s good for both those who work here and the patients we serve.
We’re looking for someone to join our Mobile Team, responsible for building mobile applications that help patients living with serious diseases.
OUR TECH STACK:
Mobile: React Native + Redux: This is what our patients interact with.
Web: React + Redux + Webpack: This is what our doctors interact with.
API: NodeJS + Restify w/MySQL and Postgres: This is how our apps interact with our platform.
Testing: Enzyme, Mocha + Chai + Sinon, Appium, Jest: This makes sure it all works.
- Architect and develop mobile applications for a wide range of digital medicine apps.
- Gather functional requirements, develop technical specifications, and help plan the project.
- Take ownership of product quality through good testing and coding practices. Build for testing and resultant quality.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management, DevOps, QA, Regulatory, Clinical, and others.
- Solid experience with React Native, or native iOS or Android development. Our apps are built in React Native, but past experience with native development helps when working with RN.
- Solid understanding of the app delivery lifecycle, including code signing and app store reviews.
- Experience with methodical testing, test-driven development (TDD), and various testing patterns.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Strong communication skills and a track record of collaborating well both within and across teams.
- Preferred: Experience with Docker, Git SCM, and AWS.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pear Therapeutics in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pear Therapeutics to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pear Therapeutics and the specific job and/or work site. Pear Therapeutics may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship disclosure, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pear Therapeutics support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pear Therapeutics.