Vice President of Medical Affairs
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Sep 6
Vice President of Medical Affairs
at Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in FDA-cleared prescription digital therapeutics. The company’s approach is to integrate clinically-validated software applications with previously approved pharmaceuticals and treatment paradigms to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear’s lead product, reSET®, is an FDA-cleared 12-week interval prescription therapeutic for Substance Use Disorder (SUD) to be used as an adjunct to standard, outpatient treatment. Pear’s product development pipeline includes reSET®-O™ for opioid use disorder (OUD) and additional prescription digital therapeutics in schizophrenia (Thrive™), combat posttraumatic stress disorder (reCALL™), general anxiety disorder (reVIVE™), pain, major depressive disorder, and insomnia, for which Pear intends to obtain FDA clearance. For more details, please see www.peartherapeutics.com.
The Vice President (VP), of Medical Affairs will play a key role in helping to share scientific and medical information with key stakeholders and support appropriate clinical use of Pear’s prescription digital therapeutics.
The VP of Medical Affairs will develop and execute Pear’s Medical Affairs strategy with the Chief Medical Officer and lead Pear’s Med Affairs team.
The VP of Medical Affairs will be responsible for Pear’s platform Medical Affairs as well as managing the program/product portfolio specific Med Affairs teams, starting with Pear’s SUD and OUD product portfolio.
The VP of Medical Affairs will work with the Clinical Development, Regulatory/Quality and Research teams to oversee the publication and promulgation of clinical and pre-clinical data as well as other important information such as the importance of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) data and regulatory evaluation of therapeutic products.
S/he will have responsibility for building, developing and leading a Medical Affairs organization appropriate for the evolving needs of Pear Therapeutics. As appropriate, this will include a team of external facing professionals, including Medical Science Liaison’s, who will work closely to establish opportunities for scientific and clinical interchange with leaders in the medical and academic community, payers, and healthcare providers.
In addition, s/he will be responsible for establishing a team within to support other parts of the organizations, including the Marketing/Commercial teams to ensure the appropriate and compliant communication of scientific and clinical information to health care professionals for both educational and clinical purposes.
This position will have a strong outward facing presence and will interface/support Pharma Partners and Investor Relations initiatives by representing the company in different capacities as required. This position will contribute to and support Pear Therapeutics’ research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
Direct and through Leadership Responsibilities:
- Lead Pear’s platform and product portfolio specific Medical Affairs strategy and execution
- Providing input, guidance, feedback and support to the appropriate internal teams and ensuring consistency and compliance of clinical content and scientific messages across publications and materials (medical review).
- Supporting the development and execution of a medical/scientific communication strategy including
- Clinical narrative framework, Scientific platform, Core content, Congresses, Publications, Medical Information Requests
- Personal meetings and public presentations about Pear Therapeutics’ technology to clinical thought leaders
- Supporting external stakeholder engagement strategy to strengthen external understanding of the unmet need and medical value of Pear Therapeutics’ digital therapeutics to appropriate patients
- Key Opinion Leaders, Advocacy groups, Clinical Advisory Boards, Patient affairs, Governmental Affairs, Medical societies and payers
- Supporting the build-up of Pear Therapeutics’ reputation as a science-based and patient focused reliable partner
- Supporting the development and execution of clinical and health-economic evidence generation strategy and collaborate with the Director of Translational and Clinical Research on Extramural Research including Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs)
- Supporting the development and execution of the Medical Liaison team.
- Supporting the development and execution of medical education strategy
- Support and provide input into product lifecycle plan, development and portfolio planning initiatives including:
- Identifying unmet medical needs in other conditions and diseases where Pear Therapeutics technology might be effective
- Identifying other technologies that could augment Pear Therapeutics’ existing technologies
- M.D. or M.D./PhD with 5-10+ years of pharmaceuticals industry, or related experience, preferably within Medical Affairs
- Proven ability to manage & develop multiple personnel with diverse functional responsibilities.
- In depth knowledge of US regulatory process and compliance requirements.
- Experience in Medical Communications and understanding this department’s role in supporting the organization.
- Team Management experience
- Excellent Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Clinical and scientific writing expertise and publications demonstrating the ability to organize, analyze and interpret clinical and scientific data.
- Strong consulting skills, including the capability to quickly identify and develop improvement opportunities and build the trust and confidence of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal and partnering skills in order to facilitate the building of relationships quickly.
- Must be a proven leader with strong management skills and a polished, executive presence.
- Experience in product planning and development involving publication strategies, product monographs, and clinical/scientific materials.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pear Therapeutics also follows all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pear Therapeutics in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pear Therapeutics to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pear Therapeutics and the specific job and/or work site. Pear Therapeutics may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship disclosure, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pear Therapeutics support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pear Therapeutics.