- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Sep 14
Cambridge Semantics™, the leader in graph based Smart Data Lakes™ believes that people drive a 56 huge impact! If you enjoy the kick of a hackathon and the thrill of the business purpose and you focus and are drawn to the latest trends in compute, data and analytics …..then we should talk!
This position is about being immersed in the hottest areas in 2018/19 high tech - like graph, cloud, devops/automation etc - in one job!
Our mix of talent and team size allows our innovative engineers to get something done that will get used quickly by our customers. S/he who dares innovates!
- Architect and implement cutting edge, fully automated and effective Cambridge Semantics solution offerings at scale while optimizing the TCO.
- Understand and advise on the applicable, available cloud architectures and technologies
- Develop and configure automation tools in support of development, testing and production deployments striving for 100% automation.
- Help to coordinate and shape the wider cloud development team.
- Energetic and self-starting with a passion for software development, active open source contributor welcome
- BS level technical degree in Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
- 5+ years of programming and/or Hands on technical Cloud application architecture experience
- Proven solid cloud architecture and best practices skills with (k8s, AWS, GCP, MS Azure) required
- In depth experience k8s, helm, microservices, cloud native architectures and implementations including understanding of cloud based application deployment patterns cloud computing best practices
- Hadoop/Spark desirable
- Load balancing, reverse proxying experience desirable
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Python, Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Perl, etc)
- Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation is a plus
- DevOps mindset required, hands on DevOps experience with cloud IaaS such as AWS, GCP, MS Azure
- CI/CD experience (automate build, packaging, test pipelines and deployments with Jenkins, git, OBS etc)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (Ansible preferred)
- Solid linux systems skill of CentOS/RHEL 7+ or ubuntu required, MS Windows Server (2016+) a plus
- System and network security best practices, SDN knowledge a plus
- Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL) not a prerequisite, but an advantage
- Agile (SCRUM) experience preferred
- Design thinking experience a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team with strong ability to communicate and collaborate with others on multi-disciplinary projects and communicate technical concepts clearly and accurately.
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
About Cambridge Semantics
Cambridge Semantics Inc. is an industry-leading semantic information management company. Semantic technology is revolutionizing data collaboration & content management within the enterprise and on the Web and is one of the most exciting technological innovations since the advent of the Internet. We are a high-energy, high-tech company that is experiencing rapid growth. Our team comprises of some of the world's leading experts in Semantic Web technology.
If you are a motivated, career-oriented individual who is interested in being in on the early stage of a significant opportunity, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you.