- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Oct 19
Cambridge Semantics is seeking a Junior to Mid-level System Administrator to address the IT needs of our organization. This is a hands-on role with high visibility empowered to help set the future state of IT strategy for the company.
- New hire and contractor onboarding/offboarding procedure
- Administration of Linux Servers, OpenLDAP, Confluence and JIRA, G Suite (Corporate Gmail, calendar, etc.), and corporate network including wifi
- Ability to work on internal IT support desk and support Internal/External stakeholders
- Maintenance/Audit of server and peripherals
Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with Windows and OS X. Occasional troubleshooting with MS Office apps
- Experience with CentOS/RHEL 7+ for desktop support
- Familiarity with basic principles of GCP, AWS, and Azure, including IAM, storage, networking/security, EC2/Compute Engine
- Familiarity with basic networking protocols and concepts (i.e. knowing how to a firewall rule or diagnose a routing issue)
- Experience with Backup/Restore technologies
- Experience with ApacheDS/OpenLDAP
- Experience with G Suite and Office 365 administration
- Experience with the Atlassian suite - Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Support Desk
- Experience with SSO applications
- Experience in Hadoop will be a plus
- Flexibility to adapt to new technologies as required in order to troubleshoot and resolve a wide variety of issues
- A self-starting attitude, and strong desire to learn and take on new tasks
- BSc / BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurances, 401(k), and pre-tax commuter & healthcare benefits starting on your first day
- A flexible vacation policy, 8 paid holidays, and the opportunity to work remotely on occasion
- Up to 3 months of annual gym membership reimbursement, and the opportunity to earn cash for staying healthy
- A membership to WeWork, which provides vibrant, collaborative, and fun workspace all over the world (plus free cold brew, espresso, and snacks)
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest minds in the Big Data space!
About Cambridge Semantics
Cambridge Semantics, The Smart Data Company®, is a rapidly growing Big Data Management and
Analytics software company. Our software, the Anzo Smart Data Lake®, allows IT departments and
their business users to semantically link, analyze, and manage diverse data, whether internal or external, structured or unstructured, with speed, at big data scale and at the fraction of the implementation costs of using traditional approaches. The Anzo Smart Data Lake solution has won numerous industry awards such as KMWorld Trend-Setting Product, Bio-IT World Best in Show, and the SIIA CODiE Award for Best Business Intelligence/Analytics Solution.
We are a fast-paced, startup environment that rewards pro-activeness and idea-sharing, and values flexibility and balance between work and home life. Our headquarters is located in a vibrant WeWork space in beautiful downtown Boston next to the Boston Common and is surrounded by endless lunch options and several different subway entrances. If you are a motivated, passionate individual who is interested in making a tangible impact on our team and being part of our ascent to the next level, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you! We value the strength that diversity brings to the workplace and encourage you to apply if you feel as though you are a great fit!