Senior Software Engineer
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Nov 27
Senior Software Engineer
Cambridge Semantics is seeking a highly skilled Java or Scala Engineer to work on the core of our semantic platform. The successful candidate will be a seasoned Java and/or Scala professional with 5+ years of experience. Familiarity with Apache Spark and Hadoop infrastructures is a strong plus, as this role will help build out our solutions for large-scale processing of data in distributed environments. This is an opportunity to join a world class team pioneering Web 3.0 semantic technologies.
- Develop software components and products for our enterprise platform using Java and Scala technologies
- Some experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, or other distributed computing environments
- Experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred: machine learning, statistical modeling, optimization, algorithms, analytics software development, big data analytics, data mining, or predictive analytics
- Proven track record of writing high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Responsible for the detailed design documentation, development, unit testing, and maintenance of internally developed applications
- Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Semantic Web technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL) not a prerequisite, but an advantage
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Energetic and self-starting
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurances, 401(k), and pre-tax commuter & healthcare benefits starting on your first day
- A flexible vacation policy, 8 paid holidays, and the opportunity to work remotely on occasion
- Up to 3 months of annual gym membership reimbursement, and the opportunity to earn cash for staying healthy
- A membership to WeWork, which provides vibrant, collaborative, and fun work space all over the world (plus free cold brew, espresso, and snacks)
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest minds in the Big Data space!
About Cambridge Semantics
Cambridge Semantics, The Smart Data Company®, is a rapidly growing Big Data Management and Analytics software company. Our software, the Anzo Smart Data Lake®, allows IT departments and their business users to semantically link, analyze, and manage diverse data, whether internal or external, structured or unstructured, with speed, at big data scale and at the fraction of the
implementation costs of using traditional approaches. The Anzo Smart Data Lake solution has won numerous industry awards such as KMWorld Trend-Setting Product, Bio-IT World Best in Show, and the SIIA CODiE Award for Best Business Intelligence/Analytics Solution.
We are a fast-paced, startup environment that rewards pro-activeness and idea-sharing, and values flexibility and balance between work and home life. Our headquarters is located in a vibrant WeWork space in beautiful downtown Boston next to the Boston Common and is surrounded by endless lunch options and several different subway entrances.
If you are a motivated, passionate individual who is interested in making a tangible impact on our team and being part of our ascent to the next level, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you! We value the strength that a diverse workforce brings to the workplace and encourage you to apply if you feel as though you are a great fit! If you don’t meet all of these qualifications, but you still feel
that you can do this job, please send us a cover letter explaining why.