Sr. Quality Assurance and Automation Engineer
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Dec 12
Sr. Quality Assurance and Automation Engineer
at Pear Therapeutics
About Pear Therapeutics
Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our lead product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear’s second product, reSET-O™, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018. For more information, visit us at www.peartherapeutics.com.
* reSET-O™ and reSET® are registered trademarks of Pear Therapeutics, Inc.
As a Senior Quality & Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring software quality as we develop “software as a medical device” - from planning through the development and execution of software test plans and verification procedure.
In Collaboration with Product & Design Team
- To participate in Triforce (Product/Design/Engineering) to realize product requirements in user stories
- To participate in Iteration Planning Meeting (IPM) to review and estimate user stories
- To participate in Product Design Reviews
- To lead discussion to review product defects
- To assist in testing user stories
In Collaboration with Engineering Team
- To participate in product technical and architectural design discussions
- To participate in weekly engineering discussions
Core Quality Assurance
- Review and accept defect user stories
- Write V&V plan that will be traced to Software Requirements Specification
- Run V&V test cases and record results
- Review Document History File (DHF) documents for completeness
- Build new tests using current framework (Appium, Python, Saucelab, AWS Device Farm) for Mobile Applications running on Android and iOS as well as application running on web interface.
- Run automation tests and collect results
- Refactor existing tests
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science required or equivalent.
- Experienced in planning and leading testing efforts for software development projects. Skilled in designing and documenting test cases and test plans, and in running those test plans on web-based, mobile Android and iOS and UI driven applications.
- Solid knowledge of software testing tools. Experience with desktop test automation tools such as Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Jmeter or other load/performance testing tools. Experience with mobile testing tools such as Appium or similar a distinct plus.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills; self-starter and solution-oriented individual
- 5 + years of experience in software engineering product assurance.
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux environment and scripting (Shell or Python)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pear Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pear Therapeutics also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pear Therapeutics in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pear Therapeutics to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pear Therapeutics and the specific job and/or work site. Pear Therapeutics may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pear Therapeutics in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pear Therapeutics support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pear Therapeutics.