Sr. Pre-Sales Engineer
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Dec 14
Sr. Pre-Sales Engineer
Cambridge Semantics, The Smart Data Company®, is a rapidly growing enterprise big data management and exploratory analytics software company. Recently we have offered our analytics graph database, AnzoGraph, as a standalone product for executing analytics at big data scale with record-setting benchmark performance. With the growth of AI and ML, graph databases are showing rapid market adoption as enterprises deal with diverse connected data and look for graph analytics, inferencing and data warehouse-style analytics across connected data sets.
We are seeking a Senior Pre-Sales Engineer with expertise in analytic databases (ideally graph), with a passion for analytics. Principal level will be considered for the right candidate with the opportunity for leadership within our Pre-Sales team. This is an exciting career opportunity for an energize technology leader to join a leading edge technology company experiencing rapid growth, and to build a business around a market-leading, award-winning product.
As Senior Pre-Sales Engineer, your hands-on technical ability and applied experience will be required to initiate the role and then build out this functional area. Your initial focus will be on the graph database market and our AnzoGraph product in this market.
You will report into our Solution Engineering organization and will be working closely with our President and collaborating with sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Pre-Sales support for sales to address new and existing customer inquiries regarding AnzoGraph capability. Includes demo preparation, proposal preparation and presenting to customers
- Contribute and collaborate with marketing for collateral development and build presentations and demonstrations for webinars and marketing activities
- Work with product management to summarize and prioritize customer needs and to be a thought leader to help evolve AnzoGraph product roadmap
- Lead training and enablement for customers and sales teams
- This position requires up to 25% travel
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree in the computer-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Proficiency and experience with database products required
- Minimum 3 years of experience with sales engineering
- Pre-sales with post-sales, support or customer success experience with a database company a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver with a focus on quality and organization
- Enthusiastic, self-starting team player
What We Offer
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurances, 401(k), and pre-tax commuter &
- healthcare benefits starting on your first day
- A flexible vacation policy, 8 paid holidays, and the opportunity to work remotely on
- Up to 3 months of annual gym membership reimbursement, and the opportunity to
- earn cash for staying healthy
- A membership to WeWork, which provides vibrant, collaborative, and fun workspace
- all over the world (plus free cold brew, espresso, and snacks)
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest minds in the graph, big
- data and AI space!
About Cambridge Semantics
Cambridge Semantics Inc., The Smart Data Company®, is an enterprise big data management and enterprise analytics software company. The company’s Anzo® software products, enable IT departments and their business users to semantically link, analyze and manage diverse data whether internal or external, structured or unstructured, with exceptional speed, at big data scales and at the fraction of the implementation costs of using traditional approaches.
AnzoGraph, the same graph database embedded within Anzo, is now available on a standalone basis for data analysts, enterprise architects and application developers to build and execute data warehouse analytics, graph algorithms, and inferencing, all in one award-winning graph database for analytics.
Cambridge Semantics is based in Boston, Massachusetts
Our recent industry recognition includes:
SIIA CODiE Awards Winner or Finalist: 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014 & 2013. 2018 Stevie Gold Winner. KMWorld Trend-Setting Product: 2018, 2017, & 2015. The Silicon Review as One of the 20 Fastest Growing Big Data Companies. Database Trend-Setting Product for 2018. 2018 Forrester Data Wave Fabric.
We are a fast-paced, startup environment that rewards pro-activeness and idea-sharing, and values flexibility and balance between work and home life. Our headquarters is located in a vibrant WeWork space in beautiful downtown Boston next to the Boston Common and is surrounded by endless lunch options and several different subway entrances.
If you are a motivated, passionate individual who is interested in making a tangible impact on our team and being part of our ascent to the next level, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you! We value the strength that diversity brings to the workplace, and encourage you to apply if you feel as though you are a great fit!