Human Resources Lead
- Location: Boston, MA, United States
- Posted: Jan 8
Human Resources Lead
Cambridge Semantics is seeking an innovative, enthusiastic Human Resources Coordinator to continue to establish Cambridge Semantics’ HR function and streamline existing policies and processes, as well as help launch Cambridge Semantics into our next phase of rapid growth!
- On-boarding: Own and continuously improve upon new employee on-boarding process, managing various on-boarding tasks to bring new hires up to speed as smoothly as possible with the help of our Human Resources Information System, BambooHR
- Benefits: Work with our benefits broker to help administer our day-to-day benefits offerings and manage our online benefits platform, Maxwell Health
- Recruiting: Collaborate with recruiting team and hiring managers to drive overall hiring strategy, managing employer brand and prioritizing an inclusive hiring process for a diverse range of candidates. This may also include posting jobs on external sites, assisting with coordination of interviews, and representing Cambridge Semantics at various career fairs
- Culture: Coordinate office engagement programs and events such as the company holiday party, free snacks, catered lunches for large meetings, and monthly birthday celebrations
- Performance Management: Drive company-wide performance review and feedback process, and keep track of payout of various performance bonuses. Collaborate with managers on salary negotiations during the review process.
- Immigration: Coordinate visa application processes in various stages as they are completed by our immigration law partner
- Administration: Organize and maintain personnel records on our HR information system, BambooHR
- Employee & Manager Relations: Be an objective advocate for employees and a mediator in employee/manager conflicts. Uphold confidentiality when dealing with sensitive employee information.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent phone, email, and in-person communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications and G-Suite, in particular)
- Passion for creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace
- Desire to learn and grow within the role
- Ability to design solutions and serve as a resource for others
This position is located in Boston, MA
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurances, 401(k), and pre-tax commuter & healthcare benefits starting on your first day
- A flexible vacation policy, 10 paid holidays, and the opportunity to work remotely on occasion
- Up to 3 months of annual gym membership reimbursement, and the opportunity to earn cash for staying healthy
- A membership to WeWork, which provides vibrant, collaborative, and fun work space all over the world (plus free cold brew, espresso, and snacks)
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest minds in the Big Data space!
About Cambridge Semantics
We are a fast-paced, startup environment that rewards pro-activeness and idea-sharing, and values flexibility and balance between work and home life. Our headquarters is located in a vibrant WeWork space in beautiful downtown Boston next to the Boston Common and is surrounded by endless lunch options and several different subway entrances.
If you are a motivated, passionate individual who is interested in making a tangible impact on our team and being part of our ascent to the next level, Cambridge Semantics is the place for you! We value the strength that diversity brings to the workplace and encourage you to apply if you feel as though you are a great fit! If you don’t meet all of these qualifications, but you still feel that you can do this job, please send us a cover letter explaining why.